So, we all have some embarrassing historical data...for example, a good friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, used to use a paschee machine daily (if you don't know what this is, it's probably for the better).
Well, as you probably already know, I had to take an unpaid week off work a couple weeks ago, and during that time period, I had a lot of time to go through stuff from under my bed, inside my junk drawer, and the back of my closet, if you will. I came across some old incriminating photos.
Well, you see, back in the good old days of high school, I used to slather on the makeup. My favorite kind of makeup was 'glitter'. Not the Mariah Carey hit movie - something even a little worse. I was almost known for it. In fact, I seem to remember, junior year of high school, after a school dance, my date commented that the next day, his dad asked about where all the glitter in the passenger seat of the car came from (the correct answer was: my dress, my shoes, my handbag, but mostly, my face, or the backup makeup in said handbag).
Yes, I slathered the glitter on. And the eyeshadow. I could really put other 17 year old girls to shame. I think I thought people couldn't see the makeup unless I put it on really heavy duty. The girls who work at MAC had nothing on me. I did, at a couple points, have friends point this out to me (that's what friends are for?), but there was no convincing me otherwise. I thought I looked good and I was going with it. I've refrained from posting one of these pictures for obvious reasons.
Anyhow. Nowadays, I've ditched the glitter (I have much more sophisticated taste, or so I like to think). I also wear less makeup (again, or so I like to think).
My readers - any dirty secrets in the closet? Please do share so I'm not alone.
Sunday, July 12, 2009
If You Want My Future, Forget My Past
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
6 comments:
I'm "nameless"!!! Too much selfless tanner and too much black eyeliner!!! My future daughter will NOT make the same mistake.
I didn't really wear makeup until I was 20. But now I love makeup, although I only wear it when I go out, or to work, if I am motivated enough in the morning. Most of the time I am not. My worst makeup phase was about 4 years ago. Dark eyeliner, dark eyeshadow, dark red lipstick, white face. I thought I was being dramatic/retro. Upon reflection, I think I looked like a vampire.
I don't think it was as bad as you make it out to be. I don't ever remember thinking "wow, look at all that makeup she has on." You were in high school and glitter was the big thing. You looked cute, very cute as always. I know Emily is running for her kleenex.
Actually, the father of that boy who went to the dance with you asked about how the glitter got in the BACK seat...
We both know that it wasn't because of the reason people would first guess - it goes to emphasize the amount of glitter that covered your entire aura (that expanded beyond merely one seat).
When are you going to talk about the gold pants and the tennis ball vest?
Yes, senior year of high school, I owned a pair of gold leather pants. They were gold. They were leather. They were pants - and I wore them to school as if they were jeans - they seemed to be the appropriate garb for Wednesday morning calculus class.
The tennis ball fleece deserves a post in and of itself....
if there are pictures I want to see them!
thankfully, the all girl Catholic school I went to had a severly strct dress code. No makeup, no boys jewelry, skirts reach an inch below the pointer finger, shoes no taller than 2 1/2 inches (they routinely did the ruler check)...it saved me a lot of high school embarrassment.
however my first semester of college, I had no less than 6 tie dyed pants to make up for it(which i wore like a uniform). I had a pair in tropical colors so bright, that the guy I briefly dated called me "skittles".
Better to make those mistakes in high school than 1st semester of college. LOL
Post a Comment