Monday, August 17, 2009

Clarissa Explains It All....




So it was announced today that Melissa Joan Hart will be a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. When I was growing up, I love love LOVED her on Clarissa Explains it All. I kind of wanted to be Clarissa. I kind of thought I was. In fact, that's kind of what this blog is: Jaime Explains It All.

Although I consider this a guilty pleasure, almost every girl I know in my age bracket who grew up with cable at the very least kind of liked this show. Who is with me on this? Who remembers Clarissa? Who watched Clarissa? Who will be cheering for Melissa because of this?

6 comments:

That's Not My Name said...

I was one of those kids who didn't have cable until I was 19. I know nothing about the classic Nick shows. But despite that, I still remember Clarissa Explains it All. It was one of the shows that I used to try to watch at the houses of my privileged friends with cable. I don't watch DWTS, but I will root for Melissa. I know it's just a publicity stunt for her to somehow get back in the spotlight, but I hope she does well!
I actually remember her from Sabrina the Teenage Witch, a show that I was able to watch because it was on regular tv.

Anonymous said...

Since the 1st episode of CEIA, I've dreamed of having a gal friend who lived upstairs in a two story house so I could climb up to her room on an aluminum ladder, crawl through her window and sit and listen as she explained it all!!! This show was almost as good as "Salute Your Shorts"!!!

emily said...

OMG, i wanted Clarissa's room SO bad. She had the coolest things in her room...like a hamburger phone and a sign on her door that said "no brothers allowed". I woulda killed for that room

emily said...

p.s. she was so much more cuter as a kid than she is now. Same thing happened to stephanie tanner. I had high hopes for those two.

Jaime said...

What gave you hopes, Em? Was it the blonde hair with BANGS? I agree, they both should have kept the bangs.

Kellie said...

aha! now i know what to get you for christmas cousin. makes my job a whole lot easier.

[Valid Atom 1.0]