Ok, so the other day, a good friend of mine mentioned her upcoming 5 year college reunion, which got me thinking....
(Editor's Sidenote: I do not know if my college has a 'five year reunion', but even if so, I won't be going, unless a group of my college friends plans on attending all together. I cannot imagine my graduating class of, say, 7,000 all running around bumping into each other saying 'oh, hey, how's it been?' or, more likely 'do I know you? have we ever met?' Anyhow.)
I will, in the semi-near future, have a high school reunion coming up. (I do, at this point, fully acknowledge it hasn't been 10 years since I graduated. Just sayin'.)
However, at this point in time - with facebook, I pretty much know what everyone from high school (and basically, the past, in general) is up to because of facebook!! Granted, all the people I was actually close to, I am still in touch with and could see if I wanted to, so I don't need a 'reunion' to get reacquainted with these individuals. My main motivation for going to a reunion would be to find out what all the other people I'd lost touch with are doing these days. However, based on facebook, I know this already! So, I ask this - what, really, is the point of the high school reunion any more?
Monday, August 10, 2009
How Facebook Has Changed Things....
Labels:
College,
Facebook,
Hersey Huskies,
High School,
High School Reunion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment