Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009!!!!!!

So it's 2009!  Woohoo.   I didn't have too many bad feelings toward 2008.  I've had worse years. 

I did, indeed, celebrate New Year's Eve - I went to a friend's party.  I am very curious, given the state of the economy and everyone cutting back, how the $100 bar package sales did.  It seems like lately most people feel New Year's Eve is overrated (every one I have spoken with about this event has said so) - they say it with the same disdain and defiance of someone denouncing a very popular band or tv show - as if to go against the mainstream.  However, hating on NYE seems to be the mainstream.  

Anyhow.  Long story short, I had a good one.  My friend Stacey is here.  Today we caught up with our pledge child/grandchild/sister Erica.  Tomorrow we will have coffee in the day with we have a sorority sister's private party to crash at night.  Goodtimes.  

I'll work on making my resolutions this weekend.  I'm going to go against the grain of hating on New Year's Eve/New Year's and celebrate every aspect of it.

No comments:

[Valid Atom 1.0]