Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Do You? I Do.



At this time of blogger's block, I recall an old conversation with my roommate.  It was on the subject of the school of thought that, if you're single and want to be dating someone, you should do things such as sleep on one side of the bed instead of in the middle to make room for another person in your life ('The Secret" presents this school of thought, although it didn't originate it.)

I went on to say that I already sleep on one side of the bed; well, I have to, because the stuffed animals take up the other side.  

I am curious to hear "The Secret" and others of this view's thoughts on this and how it might affect my dating life.  

Yes, I sleep with a stuffed animal.  Well, a couple.  Primarily, Heimlich of "A Bug's Life" (see above).   I do believe I'm the only adult who does so, but I don't care.  Does anyone else?  Thoughts?  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually had a conversation about this just yesterday with coworkers. All of three of us in the discussion also sleep with stuffed animals. You are not alone :)

Anonymous said...

I heard on Eric and Kathy several adults sleep with stuffed animals.

That's Not My Name said...

I think you know that I also sleep with a stuffed animal and have done so for a long time. In fact, Jim thinks it's cute. Maybe he's just weird. I don't think a person should have to give up their stuffed animal for the sake of a relationship. I also sleep in the middle of the bed when I'm alone. I'm used to sleeping both ways. The Secret is silly.

Anonymous said...

I can't sleep without my teddy bear. Yes, that sounds lame, but when I'm on vacation and don't have it, I don't sleep as well.

emily said...

I sleep with roadkill

Anonymous said...

In reply to piper ii - what secret? Does the blogger have a secret? Please tell.

That's Not My Name said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
That's Not My Name said...

sorry for deleting the comment. anyway, 'anonymous', now that I know who you are...hehe. I said the Secret was a reference to Jaime's original post about the book The Secret which apparently says that if you want something bad enough, you should just think positive thoughts about it or something. So, I think that's silly!

[Valid Atom 1.0]