Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Made It!!!


So, at the beginning of the year, I made the goal to read 12 books for the year (one book a month pretty much).  I started out strong, finishing one book by the end of January, however, I seemed to hit a lull.  It was May and my book log was still at one; it didn't seem as though it was going to happen.  

However, I looked deep into my soul and channeled the spirit of a younger me.  Never one to give up on a goal, no matter how bleak things looked - I found my adrenaline to sprint to the end.  With almost two months to spare, I reached my goal.  I just might do a victory lap-book.  

My 12 books, in an attempted chronological order:

-- The Secret of The Secret  by Karen Kelly
-- Microtrends by Mark J. Penn
-- Debunked by Richard Roeper
-- If I'd Known Then edited by Ellyn Spragyn
-- Olive Kitteredge by Elizabeth Strout
-- Nerds:  Who They Are and Why We Need More of Them by David Anderegg
-- Aruba by Dave Holloway
-- Friend or Frenemy by Andrea Lavinthal and Jessica Rozler
-- The Tenth Circle  by Jodi Picoult
-- How to Get Sued by J. Craig Williams
-- Dear Zoe by Philip Beard
-- Slackonomics by Lisa Chamberlain


Piper, I hear you over there.  Reviews to come (if they haven't been published already).

6 comments:

Tom said...

Congratulations.

Justin Weiss said...

J. Craig Williams? Sweet! That guy just joined our Legal Advisory Board in June.

Jaime said...

Justin! Good to hear from you! I must say, Mr. Williams seems to have a great sense of humor....

That's Not My Name said...

awesome! i look forward to reading them!

Courtney said...

um... perhaps if you read less boring books you might want to read more, haha. You could come over and shop in the Library of Courtney. Similar to the Library of Congress, but arranged according to size and author as opposed to the LC call system. I know you find this fascinating.

Jaime said...

These books are NOT boring. Most of them were quite good. You and Piper can watch for the reviews.

[Valid Atom 1.0]