So today I cashed in on a coupon that was $50 off a $150 purchase at Coach - come on, how could I not use that coupon!?! Actually, both I and my mother received said coupon and she gave me hers - so I cashed in on the coupon twice. Some might say this was self-indulgent - but I disagree. It was quite unselfish, if I do say so myself!
See, the Republican theory (which I've never really subscribed to) is that people who have money to spend (or spend money anyway) are stimulating the economy - when people are spending, businesses keep going and jobs are therefore created (or kept in existence, at least).
Now, let me tell you - our economy sucks. I am certainly not an economic expert - but if you look at every news medium's headline - we are not exactly thriving in a boom. Many companies are flat at best - many are declining and therefore experiencing layoffs. My bff Dubya gave everyone making under 50K a year (or something like that) a $600 economic stimulus bonus in hopes we'd go out and get spend happy and keep the economy going (or slow down it's journey toward recession).
So, I look at it this way - I could have kept my money to myself - but that wouldn't have benefitted anyone but myself. And I'm all about the greater good. When I was at the cash register - an overwhelmingly happy feeling came over me - it must have been knowing that I was helping the American economy while making my purchase. It almost made me want to buy more. :-)
![Validate my Atom 1.0 feed [Valid Atom 1.0]](valid-atom.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment