Sunday, April 20, 2008

Typos

So, one reader - Marcia S. from Mount Prospect - has pointed out that there have been multiple typos/grammar errors throughout Jaime's blog.  As someone who has been an avid activist against apostrophe abuse and using the correct your, please give me a moment to explain myself.  This happens for two reasons:

1)  I am human.

2)  I am neurotic.  One might presume this happens because I do not proofread/am careless - however, this is actually very far from the case.  See, every time I write a post, as I go back to re-read it, I see all kinds of little things I like to reword, tweak, etc.  Then, of course, the edited pieces need to be proofread themselves, but as I'm proofreading them- I see more parts I would like to change.  What can I say?  I'm a slave to my trade.  However, there reaches a point where I've even driven myself nuts and need to stop looking at it and hit publish (errors in tow).  So, in short - please don't think I don't care enough and/or am grammatically incompetent - both are far from the case.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

need to stop looking at it AND hit send - sorry, hit me in the eye

[Valid Atom 1.0]