Thursday, April 24, 2008

So When Are YOU Getting Married?


So, it seems as though there's a growing trend to harass all us swinging singles age 21 and up about tying the not. At family parties, weddings and various other events, people like me often get the question "so when are you getting married?"

It's quite a peculiar question when you think about it, seeing that if one is not currently engaged, how would one have an answer? "Well gee, I'm thinking October 11, 2010 - I have a dress picked out and a hall reserved, here's hoping I meet someone in time!"

I found a facebook group with a discussion board on clever retorts to this nagging question. I've always thought making people who ask intrusive questions uncomfortable to be one of life's simple pleasures - here's my top 10 answers that do exactly that:

10) As soon as my boyfriend gets out of jail.
9) Probably right after you guys get divorced.
8) As soon as Brad tires of Angelina.
7) When I lower my standards like you.
6) Actually, I prefer living in sin.
5) When I figure out who the father is.
4) Once the 'operation' is complete.
3) First they have to lift the restraining order....
2) Not until he turns 18, that's for sure.

drumroll please (I plan on using this on my grandmother, for she is sure to be asking said question)....

1) As soon as I can find a man who can outperform my vibrator!

2 comments:

Laura said...

haha!
Good blog.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, i don't know what's up with this...everyone is sooo invested in everyone getting paired up and married. Meanwhile almost everyone is seemingly miserable being married.

Plus this is one of the most personal questions you can ask. Don't get me started on the "when are you having kids" question. Like there's not enough kids in the god forsaken world!!

[Valid Atom 1.0]