Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Do Due Diligence

It's scary when I think conservative political commentator Sean Hannity has a good point.

Yesterday, in the wake of the resurface of good old Reverend Jeremiah Wright - he brought up the point of "what if this is the real Barack Obama? what if the media did not do it's due diligence in looking into Obama's background?"

Regardless of your stance on Obama - I have to agree with my man Sean here. The media has handled Obama with kid gloves - or at least did for the first 15 months of his campaign. It took SNL to call them out on it, too. Even some of the most cynical, biting, investigative commentators have chanting "yes we can" this whole time.

Obama supporters should be disappointed in the media as well on this one - his campaign would be able to better stand up to these potential rising issues if the media gotten more of a background insight on him all along. These past two months seem to be the first time he's been questioned on anything (and the media CERTAINLY doesn't blindly take Hillary's word). Let's be honest, the notion of Obama being potentially anti-American is nothing remotely resembling dead to John McCain's camp - and Bush was re-elected on the fear of anti-American sentiments.

Honestly, I personally have never been able to warm up to Obama - partially because I feel like I just don't know what's underneath the warm charisma (not that I'm implying I agree with the notion that he's anti-American - I don't). The news world had a job to do - this man is running for the most important job in the world, it's time to thoroughly investigate him and what he's about - and I give the media a big fat F.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I give YOU an F jaime for not putting my picture with this.

[Valid Atom 1.0]